|What are Business and Campus permits?
||Business permits can be purchased by departments and may be provided to employees who need to move across campus to conduct official university business. Business permits must be used in conjunction with a valid TAMU parking permit.
Campus permits can be purchased by university affiliates who do not have an on-campus office, but need to park on campus while conducting official university business.
|How do I get a Business or Campus permit?
||Employees wanting a Business permit or Campus permit should ask their Departmental Parking Representative (DPR)
to request one on their behalf. The DPR is responsible for all departmental parking arrangements including requesting new and/or renewing permits via the DPR website.
Business permits are $35/year, prorated.
Campus permits are $275/year, prorated.
|In what areas are the Business or Campus permits valid?
||Business or Campus parking is available in the following areas marked on the Business map:
- Unnumbered spaces in designated surface lots
- University Business spaces - 2 hour limit
- Central Campus Garage, West Campus Garage and Lot 72
- Northside Garage and University Center Garage - unnumbered spaces above the second level gates
|In what areas are the Business or Campus permits NOT valid?
||The Business or Campus permits are NOT VALID in:
- Visitor parking levels in Northside and University Center Garages
- 24-hour numbered parking spaces
- 30-minute spaces for longer than 30 minutes
- Lot 41 (Presidential Library and Museum)
- Lot 100 between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m.
- Reserved Numbered Spaces
- Service Spaces
- With a Night Permit except at times when the Night Permit is valid
- Loading zones for over 15 minutes
|Can the Business or Campus permit be used for parking to go to class,
park closer to my office than my regular permit allows, for personal errands, or for special events?
||The Business or Campus permit should be used FOR OFFICIAL UNIVERSITY BUSINESS ONLY. It may NOT be used to park closer to your building than your assigned lot, to attend class (not including professional development seminars), for personal errands, or for special events (unless it is a part of your job duties to attend).
|I currently have a Business permit and I'd like to renew it. What should I do?
||Have your Departmental Parking Representative use the DPR Registration website to renew the permit for you. If you do not know who your DPR is, call 979.862.7275 (PARK). Individuals may NOT request Business permits.
|How do I change the mail stop that my Business Permit is associated with?
||Request a NEW Business Permit for the NEW mail stop and DO NOT renew the Business Permit for the OLD mail stop.