Texas A&M Football Game Day Guide 2018
Texas A&M Today
By Melissa Maraj
Published: August 17, 2018
The Aggies take on the Alabama Crimson Tide at Kyle Field on Oct. 7, 2017. (Texas A&M University Marketing & Communications)
Texas A&M Transportation Services asks Aggies to prepare for the increased traffic resulting from the hundreds of thousands expected to gather at Kyle Field throughout the football season.
Football fans visiting the Texas A&M campus this season are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the following services and resources available for the 2018 football season.
- Destination Aggieland is the official game day app that provides pre- and post-game traffic and parking information.
Use the Destination Aggieland app to learn about reserving and paying for parking, bus routes, traffic, community dining, hotel and entertainment venues, campus tailgating—and more.
Download the app from the iPhone and Android app stores or click “Destination Aggieland” from aggieathletics.com
- Transport.tamu.edu provides access to game day shuttle routes for the remainder of the season.
- Parkmobile allows you to reserve the closest available game day parking before you arrive and be one step ahead on game day!
- Parking is available for fans attending the game, but availability has changed. Please review 2018 Football Season Parking Map and the Destination Aggieland app to see what is different.
- Reserve the closest available football parking now or parking for other events on campus through Parkmobile.
- Fans can also park near Bush Library, Bonfire Memorial off University Drive, Northside Garage, or on Agronomy Road and Pay $20 and $25 cash.
- For easy access to paid parking, fans are encouraged to access parking via FM 2818 or Hwy 6 to University Drive (Raymond Stotzer Parkway/Hwy 60).
- For easy access to 12th Man parking, fans are encouraged to access parking via FM 2818 to George Bush Drive.
- Remember, free game day shuttles run throughout campus from parking areas so catch a ride to the game on the Aggie Spirit bus after you park your car.
For visiting fans who prefer to avoid traffic, Transportation Services provides free game day shuttles that can be used to get on and off campus. See schedules for operating times.
- Game day Shuttle Routes on and off-campus (See schedule for operating times).
- Get to the Grid (Operates 5 hours pre-game and 1.5 hours post game) Free game day express shuttle is located at American Momentum Plaza.
- Downtown Bryan Game day Shuttle (Operates 3 hours pre-game and 1.5 hours post game)— Have a bite to eat, do a little shopping, and take in the sights and sounds of Historic Downtown Bryan.
Then hop on the free shuttle on Regent Street across from the Clara B. Mounce Public Library to Kyle Field for the game. Downtown Bryan Info and Game Weekend Activities Map
Ongoing construction in the area has resulted in some changes to traffic and parking patterns in the nearby area. For example, there are more roads closed near Kyle Field
pre- and post-game and some community intersection closures after the game to help speed traffic flow.
Please make note of game day road closures:
- Coke St. closes north of Lewis St. for all but D permits and disabled parking four hours pre-game and through 1.5 hours post-game.
- Olsen Blvd. near Reed Arena will close four hours pre-game and through 1.5 hours post-game. Access only for E, G, P permits & Parkmobile permits.
- Houston St. closes from George Bush Dr. four hours pre-game and through 1 hour post-game. Access only for C permits & Texas A&M Foundation.
- Old Main/West Lamar/Stallings Blvd. closes three hours pre- and through 1.5 hours post-game.
- Visiting fans who prefer to avoid traffic can get up-to-date traffic updates through the Destination Aggieland mobile app.
Use the app to review the traffic and pedestrian flow changes, parking and shuttle options, and the best entrance to get to your seat in Kyle Field.
- Download the Destination Aggieland app for access to post-game traffic maps that can be used to find the best route when leaving campus after the game.
Arrive Early, Stay Late
- Looking for a taxi, or other rideshare service after the game? The post-game rideshare pick-up area will be located in Lot 30e.
Check the “rideshare” section under the “football” tab in the Destination Aggieland app for details.
- Kyle Field crowds continue to grow, so fans are encouraged to arrive earlier than normal to help ensure they arrive in time for the game.
- NEW—Kyle Field entries begin 90 minutes prior to kick off this year.
- Tailgating is allowed in various locations on game days throughout campus. Learn everything you need to know about tailgating for football games Kyle Field Tailgate Information
Beat the Heat and Hydrate
- Begin hydrating the night before game day to stay well hydrated and drink plenty of water throughout the game.
- Fans are permitted to bring (1) sealed bottle of water into Kyle Field.
- Wear loose and cool clothing and apply at least SPF15 sunscreen often and protect your face and head with a brimmed hat. Protect your eyes with sunglasses.
- Cool Zones are located on the East side (1st, 2nd & 3rd Decks) and West side (3rd Deck) of Kyle Field. (Beat the Heat!)
Clear Bag Policy
- Texas A&M has a clear bag policy for all Texas A&M Athletics home events. Bags that are non-clear and/or are larger than those outlined in the policy will not be allowed in the stadium. Clear Bag Rule
- Large bags: If fans are bringing bags to a home athletic event, bags must be clear and not exceed 12” (by 6” by 12”) or be a clear 1-gallon re-sealable plastic freezer storage bag, one per person.
Bags must be clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and have a maximum of one logo imprint not exceeding 4.5” tall X 3.4” wide.
- Small bags: The only non-clear bags permitted are small clutch bags (with or without a strap) that are the size of a hand.
Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at designated areas. For additional information about the clear bag policy, visit 12thMan.com/BeClear.
For additional game day traffic, parking and pedestrian information, please visit https://transport.tamu.edu/football
About Transportation Services
Transportation Services is an empowered team of professionals dedicated to providing efficient, dynamic and innovative fleet, parking and transit services to the Texas A&M University community.
Transportation Services supports the teaching, research and public service mission of Texas A&M University, with focus on customer service and communication.
Media Contact: Melissa Marie Maraj, Texas A&M University Transportation Services, email@example.com, 979-862-7371.
Read the full article here.