Student registration for 2023 – 2024 parking permits is open through
July 12, 2023
What are Business and Campus permits?
Business permits can be purchased by departments and may be provided to employees who need to move across campus to conduct official university business.
Business permits must be used in conjunction with a valid TAMU parking permit.
Campus permits can be purchased by university affiliates who do not have an on-campus office, but need to park on campus while conducting official university business.
Business+ and Campus+ permits can be purchased by departments to allow access to the Business Parking surface lots
and provides garage access. This permit will be sold at a higher price point but will allow departments to purchase the permit that best fits business needs.
How do I get a Business or Campus permit?
Employees needing a Business permit or Campus permit should ask their Departmental Parking Representative (DPR) to request one on their behalf.
The DPR is responsible for all departmental parking arrangements including requesting new and/or renewing permits via the DPR website.
- Business permits are $45/year, prorated
- Business+ permits are $155/year, prorated
- Campus permits are $359/year, prorated
- Campus+ permits are $579/year, prorated
In what areas are the Business or Campus permits valid?
Business or Campus parking is available in the following areas marked on the Business map:
- Unnumbered spaces in designated surface lots
- University Business spaces - 2 hour limit
- Gene Stallings Blvd. Garage, Central Campus Garage, Polo Rd. Garage, West Campus Garage and Lot 72 (only with Business+ or Campus+ permits)
- Northside Garage and University Center Garage - unnumbered spaces above the second level gates (only with Business+ or Campus+ permits)
In what areas are the Business or Campus permits NOT valid?
The Business or Campus permits are NOT VALID in:
- Visitor parking levels in Northside and University Center Garages
- 24-hour reserved numbered parking spaces
- 30-minute spaces for longer than 30 minutes
- Lot 41 (Presidential Library and Museum)
- Any lot not designated for University Business parking
- Service Spaces
- With a Night Permit except at times when the Night Permit is valid
- Loading zones for over 15 minutes
Can the Business or Campus permit be used for parking to go to class, park closer to my office than my regular permit allows, for personal errands, or for special events?
The Business or Campus permit should be used FOR OFFICIAL UNIVERSITY BUSINESS ONLY.
It may NOT be used to park closer to your building than your assigned lot, to attend class (not including professional development seminars),
for personal errands, or for special events (unless it is a part of your job duties to attend).
Business permits should not be used by graduate or undergraduate students to attend class or for closer parking to work.
Permits should be used to run business errands only; fines may be assessed for misuse.
Departments will be responsible for payment of fees due to misuse of these permits.
I currently have a Business permit and I'd like to renew it. What should I do?
For 2023–2024, you can renew the current business permits you have.
You will not be able to purchase additional business permits until
August 1, 2023.