RV Lot Rules
The close configuration of RV Lots requires that our guests be good neighbors and conduct themselves in a manner that provides for the comfort and enjoyment of all.
Persons to whom permits are issued, bearers and their guests are expected to be familiar with and abide by the RV rules published on Transportation Services' website.
RV permits are intended for use by the permit holder. Rules will be evaluated, reviewed and updated annually to promote an enjoyable experience.
- No commercial use of RV permits is allowed. Permits may be sold for face value to individuals only and may not be included in a package deal representing any commercial entity.
- RV Lots are for Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) recognized recreational vehicles only. Transportation Services reserves the right to remove any vehicle that is not appropriate for the RV area.
RV permits are for RVs only and may not be used for any other vehicles.
- Tailgating in a designated RV space that is not occupied by a RV is strictly prohibited.
- Party buses, trailers, vans, keg vans, etc., that do not meet the definition of a recreational vehicle are prohibited in RV Lots, but are permitted in Oversized Vehicle Sites on a space available basis.
- Tent camping or camping in RV/tow vehicle space, pickup trucks or vehicles not designated as RVs by TXDOT is prohibited.
- Tents or canopies must be secured and may not utilize stakes that penetrate the ground more than 12 inches;
in addition, tents greater than 700 square feet or tents greater than 400 square feet with sides require a University inspection in accordance with University Policy.
Tents may not obstruct sidewalks, drive lanes or pedestrian walkways.
- Every lot has specific opening/operational times. Anyone arriving prior to the designated check-in time without making arrangements in advance with Transportation Services will be required to pay a $75 early entry fee.
Customers who purchased additional nights and need to cancel must provide 72hrs notice prior to the first day of the reservation to Transportation Services to receive a refund.
- Rvs must be parked within the boundaries of the designated lot map and not encroach on neighboring spaces. RVs must be parked parallel to the painted parking lines to the left and right of the space as viewed from the drive lane
- All sidewalks, drive lanes and fire lanes must be kept clear of all equipment and vehicles.
Tailgating amenities including furniture, grills, generators, cords, satellite dishes, etc., must be confined to each allotted RV space and cannot be stretched across drive lanes.
- Available green space within 15 feet of parking lots are reserved for fans assigned to those parking lots.
- All RV Lot patrons must display the appropriate permit for access and parking, vehicles not displaying the appropriate permit will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Do not attach permits until after you have checked in with the Transportation Services lot attendant.
- Duplication of and/or passback of tow vehicle permits to allow more than one vehicle in the lot at a time is prohibited.
- Violation of tow vehicle regulations by the permit holder or their guest may result in the cancellation of the permit and removal from the lot.
- Unless the generator used is an inverter-type model it MUST have a noise abatement device so it is as minimally intrusive to your neighbors as possible.
If your generator is so loud you face it away from your own site, it is too loud.
A generator which produces a noise level that exceeds 75 dB (measured from your neighbor’s space) is deemed too loud and disturbing to others.
Owners will be required to make the generator conform to the approved decibel level, turn off the generator or leave the lot.
(Note: Offenders will be given one warning with stipulations to comply with generator regulations.)
- Exhaust must be directed towards open areas such as tow vehicle spaces or drive lanes and always away from your immediate neighbor.
- Special care should be taken when managing fuel and extension cords affiliated with generators.
- For their safety and the safety of others children must be supervised by parents or their representatives at all times. Please use extreme caution when driving into or leaving the parking lots.
Moving vehicles and the continuous flow of traffic present various hazards that can cause bodily injury or harm to children at play in lots. Please be aware of the danger that exists.
- Please maintain a speed limit of 10mph or less while driving through the parking lots.
- Do not remove or move barricades, barrels, or any other traffic control devices. All signs and instructions for lots must be obeyed.
- No excessively loud music or noise will be tolerated at any time. If loud music or noise (e.g., barking dogs) becomes disturbing to others, you may be required to lower the music and/or noise level or cease it altogether.
Live music or bands are prohibited. Please be courteous to others.
- Pets are not allowed to run at large in RV lots, tailgating sites or on campus and must be leashed or in a pen at all times according to local leash laws.
Furthermore, animals shall not be left unattended or secured to university property. Clean up after your pet.
- The sale of food and/or beverages or other commercial activities (including sales solicitation or advertising) are not permitted without the express written consent of Texas A&M University.
- Texas A&M University, Texas A&M Athletics, University Police Department and Transportation Services Department reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time —
inappropriate behavior will result in the permanent loss of all parking and tailgating privileges.
- Locate cookers so smoke does not intrude upon your neighbors’ space. Please pay particular attention to wind direction and neighbors’ open windows.
A grill or smoker which “smokes out” a neighbor is deemed a nuisance; owners will be asked to move the grill or smoker to another location or to extinguish it.
- All BBQ grills, smokers, and pits, propane or otherwise, must be attended to at all times. Smoking of meats overnight is prohibited.
- Hot coals must be doused and properly disposed of in specially designated Coal Cans to prevent fires. DO NOT MOVE COAL CANS.
- Fires built on the ground are prohibited. Fires allowed in fire-proof containers only and must be attended.
- Dispose of all trash in trash receptacles or pack it out. No disposal of grease, coals or hazardous materials onto the grounds or into storm drains.
- Gray water/solid waste may be disposed of at the dump station located in l00d at the tennis courts - any other dumping on campus is strictly prohibited.
- Do not allow fluids to run into another RV space. Control liquids or run off (air conditioners, swamp coolers, leaky ice chests, etc.) by using a bucket or re-routing appropriately.
- The person(s) renting an RV space are responsible for the conduct of their Guests.
- No parking accommodations are made for guests in an RV area. Guests to RV Lots must purchase parking spaces for vehicles in areas designated for public parking.
Texas A&M University is not responsible or liable for accidents, damage, loss or theft of materials/items/personal property occurring in the RV Lot.